Authors! Need a Word to Describe that Scent? Help is Here!

As writers, we strive to use all five senses to create a full experience for our readers. The human sense of smell pales in comparison to that of other animals, yet an aroma has the powerful ability to churn up strong feelings in us. A certain smell can bring back a memory like nothing else can.

I am always looking for a unique, just-perfect word to describe scents. I happened upon a wonderful website that offers an A-to-Z listing of common fragrance descriptions. This list has been helpful to me, so I thought I would share with you.

Many thanks to Bois de Jasmin, The World Through Our Senses for building this comprehensive list and making my job a little easier. Victoria, the owner of the site, shares her love of perfume, food, and other sensory pleasures. Enjoy!



No comments: