Garlic for Colds and Flu ~ @DonnaFaz

I am away from home, visiting my aunt in sunny Florida. We’ve had a great week together. Yesterday, though, my aunt came down with a cold. Sneezing, coughing, wheezing—it came on fast and it came on strong. Then I, too, began to feel a tickle in my throat and I started coughing. I headed directly to the local grocery store and bought a head of fresh garlic. My aunt thought I was absolutely nuts when I minced up a clove of garlic and swallowed it with water. I minced and swallowed a second clove of garlic before going to bed. This morning I feel fine. The tickle is gone, no congestion, no cough, and I’m breathing easy.

There are many, many websites that recommend garlic for colds and flu. My aunt had never heard of taking garlic for medicinal purposes. (She remains skeptical, and I doubt I will be able to get her to try it.) But I started to wonder if garlic’s powerful healing qualities are widely known. WebMD.com is one website that touts garlic. Have you heard that garlic is good for colds and flu? Do you use it? Do you use other “natural” remedies for the common cold? Please leave your comments below and let’s share the information.

No comments: