Getting Fit with 300 Calorie Meals

My FitBit One, Burgundy

Santa left a FitBit under my tree this year, and I have to say I love this little gadget. It counts my steps, my flights of stairs, my calories burned, even my hours of sleep (although I still have to figure out this function). I downloaded the free app on my phone, and when I inputted my height and weight, the program automatically put me on a 1200 calorie per day plan. The way I figure it, that gives me 300 calories per meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) with three 100-calorie snacks.

So can I follow this regimen? I think so. The first few days haven't been difficult. (We'll find out if I can keep at it. LOL) I googled “300 calorie meals” and hit a plethora of sites that offer easy recipes that look delicious and filling. Here are just a few:







I have a terrible sweet tooth. My son gave me a delicious box of chocolate covered caramels for Christmas, and I was overjoyed to learn that 1 piece is 60 calories. These are NOT sugar-free or “diet”…just regular caramels coated in dark chocolate.

I’m going to give this regimen a try. It’s a New Year; I want to start out with a spring in my step and work toward less curve in my rump. *grin*

Do you think this is a “doable” plan? What are you doing to keep fit in 2015?


No comments: