My Top Eight New Year's Resolutions for 2014 - @DonnaFaz



As the New Year approaches, we look back to the past to assess our successes and failures, and we look into the future with thoughts of doing better. We reflect on the changes we'd like to make and resolve to do our best to follow through on keeping them. Did your New Year's Resolutions make my list of the Top 8?

1.     Spend more time with friends and family – All of us need to socialize. Work is necessary, but spending time with people we enjoy will make us happier individuals. And who doesn't want to be happier?
2.     Lose weight – I don't know about you, but I put on a few extra pounds every Thanksgiving and Christmas. *sigh*
3.     Get fit – As I get older, staying firm and fit becomes more difficult. But I refuse to give up!
4.     Spend more time communing with nature – I love being out in the open air, listening to the birds sing, feeling the sunshine on my face. Albert Einstein said, "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." He wasn't considered a genius for nuthin'!
5.     Do more of what makes you happy – This one doesn't need much explanation.
6.     Quit smoking – I don't smoke. I never have. But I just spent 3 months nursing my wonderful aunt through chemo and radiation treatments for lung cancer. If you smoke, resolve to quit. Your health depends on it.
7.     Volunteer more – Nothing makes me happier than doing something that puts a smile on someone else's face.
8.     Get organized – This is on my New Year's Resolutions List each and every year. Not that I could be featured on the TV show Hoarders or anything, but I would like to be a little more organized. I'd love to have a place for everything and everything in its place.

What resolutions are YOU making for 2014?

WISHING YOU A HAPPY, HEALTHY, AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

No comments: