Pounds, Pounds and More Pounds

My son made a delectable cake yesterday. It was so luscious and rich, I've decided to post the recipe:

Sour Cream Pound Cake

1 cup butter
6 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each egg is added. Blend in sour cream and vanilla. Stir baking soda into flour, then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix well. Bake in a 10 inch tube pan that has been buttered and floured. Bake at 325 degrees for 75 to 90 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto plate.
~  ~  ~

If you're trying to lose weight, avoid this cake. Summer is going to arrive here on the east coast of the US in the blink of an eye and I'm going to have to squeeze this body of mine into a bathing suit, so I shouldn't be eating cake made with gobs of butter, sour cream and sugar. Will the threat of donning beachwear stop me? I seriously doubt it. *sigh* I wonder if Spanx sells a product that can be worn under a swimsuit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds great! Sour cream seems to make things lighter - I have a recipe where I put it in cheesecake and that always turns out really well.

What a lovely son you have.