It's time for some food!


Food is an important part of my life. Food feeds me! (Okay, not such a profound thought; sue me.)

I eat for all the wrong reasons, and I know this. Yes, I do eat when I’m hungry; however, there’s rarely a minute that passes when I don’t wonder if there’s anything good in the fridge. (Since I’m the one who does 99% of the shopping and cooking in my house, I already know what’s in there. Does that stop me from wondering? No.) I eat when I’m upset, lonely, happy, tired, excited…you get the idea. Who can argue with the fact that food is yummy?

I want to share a recipe for a deliciously moist chocolate cake. It’s a super easy recipe and I get raves whenever I serve it. It’s not a secret recipe, either. I heard about this cake somewhere from someone (the messenger isn’t all that important, right?) and I searched google to find out how to make it. I did a bit of fiddling and am happy to pass on the end result:

Deliciously Moist Chocolate Cake  (I just made up this title because ‘low-fat’ is off-putting)

1 box chocolate cake mix (the darker, the better. See ‘fudge’ on the box? You’re good to go.)
2 large eggs
1 1-lb can of plain pumpkin (NOT pie filling)
¾ can water (yes, CAN...fill the empty pumpkin can 3/4 full of water)

Preheat oven to 350° Mix all ingredients until fully incorporated (don’t over mix). Spray a 9” x 13” pan with cooking spray and then spread the cake batter evenly in the pan. Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until cake tester (in my house that’s a toothpick) comes out clean. Slather with frosting of your choice (I’ve used fudge, milk chocolate, butter, cream cheese, and vanilla frostings…not all at same time, of course). Enjoy!

No comments: